Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Ron Artest would Drink Hennessy at Halftime?

So I don't mean for this to turn in to a Ron Artest blog, BUT this is shocking...how can you play hoop after drinking? I've tried, the result: Twisted ankle.


Ron Artest drank cognac during halftime of Chicago Bulls games, the Lakers forward tells the Sporting News. According to Artest, "I used to drink Hennessy ... at halftime. I (kept it) in my locker. I'd just walk to the liquor store (near the stadium) and get it."

There are many more revelations in the interview, which appears in full in the magazine's December 7 issue. He defends his role in the infamous Malice at the Palace, a massive fight in which he brawled with fans and was suspended for the rest of the 2004-2005 season.

"It wasn't my fault. ... I don't see anything I could have done different. The only thing I could have done was have God pause time so I could have said, 'Oh, look, you're about to run in some stands, so stop.'"

Artest has seen some interesting moments as of late. In October, he released his song "Afghan Women," complete with video. He recently appeared on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" nearly naked, and there were reports that he was caught up in a welfare fraud investigation.

Check out the December 7 Sporting News for more info.






Source: Huffington Post Article

No comments:

Post a Comment